Paleo Challenge - Day 24: Rest day ... tomorrow!

Spiritual Juice (CrossFit Faith)

List your 3 greatest accomplishments in life:
  1. Education - finished (?) university studies
  2. Physical fitness - from slow asthmatic runner to CrossFitter and marathoner
  3. Serving others - campus ministry, coaching, family
Then read Luke 18:9-14

He also told this parable to some who trusted in themselves that they were righteous, and treated others with contempt: "Two men went up into the temple to pray, one a Pharisee and the other a tax collector. The Pharisee, standing by himself, prayed thus: 'God I thank you that I am not like other men, extortioners, unjust, adulterers, or even like this tax collector. I fast twice a week; I give tithes of all that I get.' But the tax collector, standing far off, would not even lift up his eyes up to heaven, but beat his breast, saying: 'God, be merciful to me, a sinner!' I tell you, this man went down to his house justified, rather than the other. For everyone who exalts himself will be humbled, but the one who humbles himself will be exalted."
When I saw today's Faith WOD, I had to think long and hard. What have I really accomplished? Everything I thought of seems to pale in comparison with the accomplishment of others. Nevertheless, God has been gracious to me in helping me finish my engineering degree, improving my fitness, and teaching me what it means to serve. I still have much more to learn in this vast world of engineering, many milestones in fitness, and have much to learn about what it means to truly serve.


When I read this passage, I am reminded of how prideful and arrogant I can be. It disgusts me just thinking of it. I yearn for a heart of humility, and to never lose a teacheable heart, first with God, then with others.

WOD

Rest day
  • I was very tempted to go again today. Remember: "No recovery, no intensity."
  • ... whoops, I somehow ended up in the gym. Thursday is rest day for sure!
6 p.m.
Bench Press: 5 x 95#, 5 x 135#, 5 x 155#, 5 x 185# (spotter for last 2 reps), 5 x 165#
- Then -
For time
21-15-9
Overhead squats (95#)
Box jumps (24")
Time: 8:27 (I think..)

Nutrition

04:00 Coffee, lean bacon, apple / almond butter, peanut butter sandwich
05:30 Tim Hortons coffee / bagel
  • I have a history of compromise during the early hours (I also have a history of making excuses :P); but at least it's better than getting a breakfast sandwich in the morning!
10:00 Pork / chicken / broccoli
13:00 Chicken, napa, watercrest, caramel mousse cake
  • Cake justified :) Our chef's 5 year
16:00 Apple
17:30 Protein shake / Almond butter .... then,
  • Almond / Hazelnut (aka Nutella) sandwich ... because Almond and Hazelnut is such a delightful combination =)
  • Samosas ... courtesy of my mom / sister, who just walked in with this deep-fried goodness

... shortly after .... awesome dinner =)


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

30 Day Morning Miracle Challenge

The Unofficial Guide to the Hart House Circuit